Anime? Authentic adventure? Random thoughts? Love problems? Erm. I don't know. But this blog shares more of the heart of the philippines, Life of a typical weird college students, Cosplay events and alot of pure random things. This blog is about food,adventure,anime,games, love and a whole lot more! Only in alpaca blog. :)

Sunday, February 24, 2013

A way to celebrate valentines, Even when your single...

It's accustomed that every valentines the couples would go on a date, Men showering the women of their lives a box of chocolates, bouquet of flowers,heart shaped balloons and tons of ways to express their affection (Even through PDA). But seriously, As apart of the single and lonesome society/group every valentines we sworn that there is always a next year!

Artist: Drew Litton of RockyMountainnews of 2006
Yeah, there is always a next year!

But the phrase "There's always next year" is always in repeat like a broken mix tape playing again and again (For those who got their "There is always a next year, Good for you! For those who undergo the same faith as i do... Let us both share our desperation and Frustration). I was actually envious of the people who got their own flowers and chocolates from men, It made me feel so loveless and lonely. That's why some people call it "Single Awareness Day" and for some bitter people they would make their own February calendar and exclude 14 (Yes, They will go that desperate) and make bitter posts all over social networking sites (i.e Facebook,Twitter...) 

*Some post from Facebook shared by my friend last valentines
Just like these types of posts...

I have to admit, i was one of them... But it still doesn't help us and it makes us look more desperate and lonely (Very Lonely, Indeed). So i guess i wanted to change my valentines for that moment. I mean, Valentines isn't only for couples or people who are in love and etc. We Single who are not to anyone can also celebrate it without making us look desperate and lonely.For a change,I've decided to do a new way of celebrating my own valentines... and that's by giving chocolates to the people i love and know and also to those people whom i do not know.

As you all know, I study at "Far Eastern University" (FEU), manila. I gave chocolates to random people who i don't know at my institute (I'm from IAS [Institute of arts and sciences]) and outside my institute (The Freedom Park). I know it sounds crazy (But i am crazy, so it's alright!) But it was really fun. :)

It's nice to hear people would respond to you with "Oi, Thank you ah! Akala ko wala na akong matatangap ngayong valentines!" (Hey, Thank you! I thought i wont receive anything this valentines). All the shocked reactions, smiles and alot of "Thank you"s. It is overwhelming. It felt so nice. It changed my valentines for a moment. It was definitely my new way of celebrating it. I thought that "It really doesn't matter if don't get anything from anyone in valentines... As long as i see people happy and so full of hope! I am really happy".

So to all hopeless,desperate and lonely for next year's valentines and you can definitely feel that you'll be single and lonely and forever lonely again this valentines. I dare you to make a change. Do something wild or crazy! Just don't do anything too crazy like selling yourself for valentines! No! I challenge you to make a change! Make people happy! Not only in valentines! But also a habit! 

Love, Chiya! :) 


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

© The Alpaca, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena